10 Nov Adobe Analytics Basics
Omniture SiteCatalyst Event Basics
Predefined events: Events that come out of the box with SiteCatalyst
Custom events: Events which you can define based on your specific requirements
Omniture offers several predefined events, some of them described below:
- prodView : visitor views a product.
- scView : shopping cart is viewed.
- scOpen : visitor opens a shopping cart for the first time.
- scAdd : product is added to a shopping cart.
- scRemove : any time an item is taken out of a shopping cart.
- scCheckout : occurs on the first page of a checkout.
- Purchase : occurs on the final page of a checkout (includes Revenue, Orders, and Units).
When any of the predefined events above occurs, an instance of the event is incremented, and you can view the metrics related to the event in several different SiteCatalyst reports. The following is an example of the code used to configure predefined events.
In the first example above, scAdd is the value of the event. Any time an item is added to the shopping cart, the event is incremented. In the second example, two values are captured at the same time. When multiple success events occur on the same page, each event is incremented.
Shopping Cart Page (scOpen, scAdd, scRemove)
First Checkout Page
Confirmation Page (Purchase Complete)
Custom events allow you to define your own success metric. Perhaps you want to have a success event when people look a special page for them.
The code above shows how you would assign an event to the events variable. However, if you do not modify the event name in the interface, then “event3″ would display in the interface.By default, success events are configured as Auto Incrementor events or standard counters. Auto Incrementor events simply count the number of times a success event is set